Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Mexico
« on: 28/03/2008 at 21:01 »
I have to go to Cancun next year for a week (I know lifes a bitch)  , anyone been ? Is there any SWFF from the beaches or is it all big game charters ?

:z18 in advance

Jim     

Rob Brownfield

Re: Mexico
« Reply #1 on: 28/03/2008 at 23:44 »
http://www.flyfishingheaven.com/mexico.html

The answer is yes..you have got SWFF there :)

Have fun you lucky s0d..lol

Chad

« Reply #2 on: 04/04/2008 at 21:47 »
I just got back from staying in Puerto Aventuras for about 10 days.  It is about 1 hour south of Cancun.  I fished with Pesca Maya for two full days.  It is about $ 500 USD for one full day of guided flats fishing for bonefish, permit, and tarpon. 

The conditions the first day were very windy, and my guides were not very helpful.  For the second day I moved my date to a couple days later when the winds were supposed to die down, and I also mentioned to the lodge manager that I wanted a more experienced guide.

The second day the conditions and my guide were much better.  We came on lots of tailing fish, and I caught my first two bonefish!  With a bit better casting accuracy and experience with bonefish, another angler could have easily had double digits based on the number of fish we saw.

Pesca Maya fishes out of Ascencion Bay, which is about 1.5 hrs south of where I was staying.  They come and pick you up in a van wherever you are staying in the morning and drop you off around 6-6:30 after the day of fishing. 

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 05/04/2008 at 16:20 »
Thanks guys , now I just need to sneak a rod in the suitcase  :wink

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 07/04/2008 at 08:14 »
I have a very nice 9 weight 4 piece you can borrow, that fits nicely in the suitcase ;)

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 07/04/2008 at 17:57 »
Thanks for the offre Rob , Its my wife thats the problem though  :wink Mind you I have a year to build up some brownie points.

:z18

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 07/04/2008 at 22:27 »
Its my wife thats the problem though  :wink

Jim

Are you putting the wife in the case with the rod  :z4 :z4 :z4

Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com